Curriculum & Outcomes Committee
Terms of Reference:
1. Support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to produce appropriate sections of the school’s own self evaluation and be involved in collecting evidence, where appropriate, and regularly monitor:
-the extent to which pupils contribute to the wider community, adopt healthy lifestyles and develop skills that will contribute to their future economic well-being
-the effectiveness of care, guidance and support
-spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
2. Ensure that the curriculum is broad, balanced, relevant and creative and that any statutory requirements are met.
3. Have a clear understanding about the quality of teaching across the school.
4. Ensure that provision for SEND, disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils is appropriate and that they make good progress.
5. Ensure relevant priorities in the School Improvement Plan are actioned and the impact clearly monitored/evaluated.
6. Support the school to set realistic, challenging targets that represent good progress for all pupils.
7. Receive regular updates and analysis of data and ensure progress/attainment of individuals and groups is regularly tracked systematically and that appropriate intervention/support are identified and put in place.
8. Be aware of the school’s strengths and weaknesses in relation to the provision and subsequent outcomes and ensure appropriate action is taken to address identified weaknesses.
9. Attend relevant meetings with LA personnel as appropriate/required.
10. SENCo/Executive Inclusion Manager to attend P&O as appropriate.
11. Policy checklist to be agreed. Statutory changes to be updated.
12. Carry out regular reviews of all allocated policies.
Committee Members and Register of Attendance
|Louise Wilkinson (Chair)||N||Y|
|Mark Drayton (Vice Chair)||Y||Y|