SCHOOL CLOSURE CONTINGENCY PLAN
At Hove Junior School our primary aim is the safety and well-being of our staff and pupils. We recognise that a school closure will impact differently on all of us and we acknowledge that children and families will face a variety of situations and challenges. With this in mind we take all steps possible to keep school open, but have robust contingency plans should school ever need to close.
We would ask all parents and carers to take the time to familiarise themselves with the information below so that our whole community can support our pupils and ensure minimal disruption to their learning if we should be forced to close for any reason.
Teaching & Learning:
Our aim is to keep our core purpose of teaching and learning continuing as effectively as possible. During a school closure each pupil will be provided with learning to do at home and has high expectations of all pupils to complete the work set. Activities and tasks will be shared on the website in the children’s year group hut. This will be updated daily. However, HJS do recognise that health and wellbeing are paramount and we appreciate that the level of work that might be undertaken by a child will reflect the situation and circumstances at home.
Home Learning Resources
- Year 3 - https://www.hovejuniorschool.co.uk/childrenyear3homelearning
- Year 4 - https://www.hovejuniorschool.co.uk/childrenyear4homelearning
- Year 5 - https://www.hovejuniorschool.co.uk/childrenyear5homelearning
- Year 6 - https://www.hovejuniorschool.co.uk/childrenyear6homelearning
- SEND - https://www.hovejuniorschool.co.uk/sendhomelearning
- Pupils in Year 6 will be expected to complete a minimum of 1 hour self-directed revision a day (all students have access to CGP books).
- All of our children also have access to Times Table Rock Stars’. Please let us know if you have lost your password and need us to reset it. All pupils will also be encouraged to spend 30 minutes a day reading.
The school also has access to Twinkle and the company have kindly extended this to all parent/carers during this difficult time. Setting this up is really easy to do - go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
For children with special educational needs (SEN) we realise this will have an impact on how Education Health and Care Plans are delivered. Extra attention will be given to meeting the individual needs of children and young people with SEN and their families in the event of school closure or partial school closure.
If any child is unable to access a computer, tablet or phone, please let us know in order that resources and activities can be collected from school or posted home.
Thank you for helping us look after everyone in the school community and for understanding the unique challenges we are facing.